mhfa first aider
As a ‘Mental Health First Aider’, you will be part of the wellbeing frontline in the workplace and will play a crucial role in providing support for colleagues who are experiencing mental health issues. On the course, you will develop key skills such as;
- spotting signs and triggers of mental health issues
- non-judgemental listening
- supporting a person in distress
Who is this course for?
This course is essential for anyone who would like to;
- develop practical skills in being able to spot the signs of mental health issues
- support the individual in distress
- facilitate recovery by guiding them onto further support
Mental Health First Aiders are not qualified to provide therapy. However, being able to intervene and guide affected individuals onto appropriate professional help, before the mental health issue escalates, can be lifesaving.
Mental Health First Aiders will often be the first port of call for anyone experiencing mental health struggles in the workplace. At Paws in Work, we believe that they should be mandatory in every working environment.
What can I expect?
Once enrolled onto the course, you will be sent a follow-up email by your course instructor which includes;
- the date/time of your course
- FAQ sheet
- training resources to read through prior to attending
Learning takes place through either face-to-face or online group training sessions, as well as self-learning activities. The sessions will include a mix of;
- group activities
As part of the course materials, attendees will be given a workbook and manual to work through on the day. These can also be used for further self-learning after the course.
Upon completion of the course, you will be a certified ‘Mental Health First-Aider’. You will also be given a reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan and a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health.
What’s the format?
- two-day course
- delivered in a face-to-face environment or online
- groups limited to a maximum of 16 attendees
- course duration: 7 hours (approx.) per day, with a break for lunch in the middle of the day
(start times are flexible depending on your company's working hours)
Fill in your details to get more information about how our mental health courses can support your business. All courses are subject to availability and we are proud to offer a dedicated aftercare service to suit your needs.