As an ‘MHFA Champion’ you gain:
- a more in-depth understanding of mental health issues
- the ability to spot signs of mental ill-health
- skills to support positive wellbeing
- the knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
MHFA Champions are some of the biggest advocates for raising awareness for mental health both inside and outside of the workplace.
Who is this course for?
This course is great for those looking to further their education on mental health issues beyond the 'be mental health aware' training course, and become more involved in spreading mental health awareness.
What can I expect?
Once enrolled onto the course, you will be sent a follow-up email by your course instructor which includes;
- the date/time of your course
- an FAQ sheet
- training resources to read through prior to attending
Learning takes place through a face-to-face training session and self-learning activities. The session will include a mix of:
- group activities
As part of the course materials, attendees will be given a workbook and manual to work through on the day. These can also be used for further self-learning after the course.
Upon completion of the course, you will be a certified ‘Mental Health Champion’. You will also be given a reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan and a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health.
What’s the format?
- One-day course
- delivered in a face-to-face environment
- groups limited to a maximum of 16 attendees
- course duration: 7 hours (approx.), with a break for lunch in the middle of the day
(start times are flexible depending on your company's working hours)
Fill in your details to get more information about how our mental health courses can support your business. All courses are subject to availability and we are proud to offer a dedicated aftercare service to suit your needs.